Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Camping!!

Uncle Brent and his girlfriend were in town for a few days this weekend. We had camping plans and luckily Brent and Lisa were good sports and went with us!! (plus Lisa was a REALLY good bartender!!) Lets just say all had a good time on the mountain!

Brent and Ryan enjoying a beer by the fire!

On Saturday we hiked up to Lost Lake Butte. It is only a 2 mile hike, but it gains 1200 feet in elevation, so it brings you up to about 4500 feet. We left Tyler at the campsite with Uncle Brent and Ryan, Lisa, Liam, Alex (our friend's kid) went up. I carried Liam on my back with the baby carrier on the way up and I thought I was going to die...but the view was worth it!!

Liam and I with Mt Hood behind us (in the clouds)

Alex, Ryan, Me, Liam and Emmy!
Ryan and Liam taking a break at the top.Too bad Mt Hood was behind the clouds, if it was a clear day we would have had a very clear view!
On the way back down Liam would not go in the baby carrier, he screamed, so I had to carry him in my arms on the way down....baby was on the back on the way up and baby was in my arms on way down...lets just say I was sore the very next day!

As always, Tyler had lots of fun!! Here he is on a short hike from our campsite to the Lake. He went everywhere with his "walking stick".

Tyler stacking the wood for the fire. Ryan, Brent and our friend Doug built that fire pit...it worked pretty good!
Ryan and Doug shaving the pitchwood for the roaring fire!
Liam exploring everything!
Uncle Brent is teaching Liam "hook 'em" horns! I don't think he is so sure of all that yet!


No comments: